May 9, 2023
The MyCAA Program: A Roadmap to Eligibility
Are you a military spouse looking to jumpstart or advance your career? You may be eligible for the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) Scholarship Program, a great opportunity to pursue your educational and professional goals. But before you can access this incredible resource, you’ll need to make sure you are eligible. Let’s take a look at the MyCAA eligibility requirements and how you can use this program to help you achieve success.
Who is Eligible?
The MyCAA Program is open to military spouses who meet the following requirements:
• You are a spouse of an active duty service member of any branch of the armed forces.
• You are married to an active duty service member who is on Title 10 orders.
• You are a spouse of an active duty National Guard or Reserve Member, and your spouse has been activated under Title 10 orders.
• You are a spouse of a retired service member or a Medal of Honor recipient.
• You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
If you meet these criteria, you may be eligible to apply for the MyCAA Scholarship Program.
What Does MyCAA Cover?
The MyCAA program provides financial assistance to eligible military spouses who are pursuing a license, certification, or associate degree in a portable career field. Portable career fields are occupations that are in high demand, and that can move with you in the event of a permanent change of station (PCS). Examples of portable career fields include medical and healthcare, business and finance, information technology, and education and teaching, among others.
The MyCAA program can provide up to $4,000 in tuition assistance for eligible individuals. This funding can be used for tuition, books, and other fees related to the educational program.
How Do I Apply?
Once you’ve determined that you meet the eligibility requirements for the MyCAA program, you’ll need to apply. The application process is fairly straightforward and can be completed in a few easy steps.
1. Create an Account. You’ll need to create an account with MyCAA in order to apply. This account will be used to manage all of your MyCAA information and track the progress of your application.
2. Complete the Application. The next step is to complete the MyCAA application. This includes providing information about yourself, your military sponsor, and the educational program you plan to pursue.
3. Submit Your Documents. Once you’ve completed the application, you’ll need to submit required documents to verify your eligibility. These documents may include your military sponsor’s military orders, marriage license, and/or high school diploma.
4. Receive Approval. Once your documents have been reviewed and your application has been approved, you’ll receive an email confirming your MyCAA eligibility.
Get Started Today
The MyCAA Program is an excellent way to jumpstart or advance your career. If you meet the eligibility requirements, take the time to apply and take advantage of this incredible opportunity.