Online Programs

Pharmacy Technician

Clinical Medical Assistant

Medical Billing & Coding

Campus Programs

Pharmacy Technician

Phlebotomy Techncian

Clinical Medical Assistant



FAQs AlliedRx
FAQs AlliedRx

May 9, 2023

Welcome to MyCAA Eligibility Rules

Are you thinking about starting a new career or upgrading your skills? The Military Spouse Career Advancement Accounts (MyCAA) program may be a great fit for you. This program, funded by the Department of Defense, can help you gain the skills and training you need to get the job you want. But first, let's explore the eligibility rules.

Who is Eligible?

MyCAA is available to spouses of active duty service members in any branch of the military, and spouses of activated National Guard and Reserve members. This includes spouses of service members in pay grades E-1 to E-5, W-1 to W-2 and O-1 to O-2.

Spouses of service members with a higher pay grade are not eligible for the MyCAA program. The service member must also be on Title 10 orders, which includes deployments, temporary duty (TDY) and permanent change of station (PCS).

In addition, the program is only available to spouses who do not have a baccalaureate or higher degree.

Financial Requirements

The MyCAA program offers up to $4,000 of financial assistance to eligible spouses. MyCAA will cover up to $2,000 of tuition and fees for licensure, certification or associate degree programs. The funds can only be used to pay tuition and fees.

The funds must be used within a three-year period beginning on the date the MyCAA account is opened. Any funds not used within three years will be forfeited.

Eligible Education and Training Programs

The MyCAA program will cover tuition and fees associated with approved training programs. These programs must lead to a license, certificate or associate degree, and must be offered by an accredited school or institution.

The program must be a minimum of 12 months in length and must require at least 105 clock hours of instruction. The program must have a documented outcome, such as a certification or license.

The school or institution must also be approved by the Department of Defense. To check if a school is approved, visit the MyCAA website and search for “accredited schools.”

How to Apply

Applying for the MyCAA program is easy. First, you will need to create an account on the MyCAA website. You will then need to complete the application and submit the required paperwork.

Once your application is approved, you will receive a MyCAA card. This card can be used to pay tuition and fees at approved schools or institutions. You will also receive a financial plan to help you manage your funds.

Your Journey Begins Now

Now that you know the eligibility rules, you can make an informed decision about pursuing your education and career goals. MyCAA is a great resource for military spouses who want to gain the skills and training they need to be successful.

So take the next step and start your journey today. With the help of the MyCAA program, you can get the education you need to reach your goals.